Well, it's officially spring today! The weather here doesn't scream spring, but it's not snowing, so that's a good sign. I've been working on my list of projects I hope to accomplish by the end of this spring. And by the end of spring I mean by the end of April. Once I have my list made I get very anxious to get working on it!
Here's what I've got so far:
- Get a load of compost delivered. We have to plan around the weather since we'll be doing the spreading. I'd like to have it about 2" deep. We are long overdue, and I can't wait to see that rich black color under all my plants!
- Clean out the pond. It's due for a major cleaning. I'm going to look into getting a pondvac which works by creating suction from a garden hose. I'm going to repot the water lilies and the other plants. Hopefully we'll have a warmish day in April, otherwise it'll be COLD water!
- Replace the low voltage landscape lighting in the front yard. It's gotten beaten up after 10 years of being tripped over, dog leashes tangled around, etc. I want to find some that are metal, but go with the style of our house and garden which is sort of cottagey.
- Clean out the tool shed where the garden tools are stored. It's become like a large closet that if you aren't careful when you open it, all sorts of things could come falling down. It needs some definite organization. One day I'd like to have a real potting shed, with electricity, but for now that's just a dream.
- Stain my potting bench. My husband gave it to me many years ago as a birthday present. I've still not decided if I will stain or paint it. I've heard marine stain or paint would be a good choice and would hold up well.
- Buy more plants. Of course buying plants is always on my list no matter what the season.
And look what else arrived for spring! The seeds I won at Garden Girl. Thank you Linda! I can't wait to get them planted.
What's on you spring to do list? Happy Spring!