"One of the most delightful things about a garden is the anticipation it brings."

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Six perfect peas and a thank you.

When I read about Matron's Worldwide Veggie Show and told my daughter Sweet Pea about it she was very excited.  She wanted to enter her speciality into the show, her Sugar Snap peas that she grows every year.  So, Sweet Pea went out to her square foot garden and chose six perfect peas.  If you visit Matron's blog Down on the Allotment you can read all about her veggie show and maybe even have something to enter!  I'm hoping we'll have blueberries ready before the deadline of July 14th.

The six perfect peas.

Sweet Pea's square foot garden is doing great.  Here you can see the Sugar Snap Peas, bush peas and potatoes.

I wish I could have the Great Wall of China tomatoes ready in time!  There are 6 perfect ones growing in one little group.  Matron actually gave the seeds for these tomatoes to me.

I also wanted to say thank you to Jan from Thanks for 2day.  She is part of the Gardening by Letter Project, that you can read about if you go to it on my sidebar.  She has been having some health issues and wasn't able to get her card in by the time they were sent to me.  Being the sweet person she is, she sent her card and gift directly to me.  Thank you Jan!

Now my girls and I are off to pick up my mom to go visit an antique rose farm.  I'll be sure to share pictures of our trip.
Pin It

14 comments:

  1. Lovely peas... and your tomatoes look really healthy! ~ bangchik

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Great Wall of China tomatoes are identical! I have found that the darker green top disappears when they ripen to red. Just so rewarding to see something growing from a seed swap! If they work for you in your climate, you could share them too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm planning on having an entry too. Maybe gooseberries. I think with those peas there will be some big competition:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those vegetables look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now Sweet Pea's entry looks a serious contender Catherine - she has inherited your green fingers - you must be proud of her !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great looking peas that your daughter has grown. Your tomatoes look wonderful too.
    Have a great time shopping with your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughter seems as determined as you are Catherine, at least when it comes to gardening! Probably in every other area, too! Great looking veggies.

    Thanks for your 'thank you'! As I look at that handwriting I shudder in embarrassment! Painful & unsteady hands and fingers have made for less than steller writing/printing! Definitely NOT my usual work! Believe it or not, I can usually draw and print neatly!

    Hope you & your family have a great 4th of July weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope she does well with her snap peas. They look good. I have never heard of Great Wall of China tomatoes. Keep us posted on that. I know of a blogger who is fanatic about antique roses. I will connect him up to your blog when you write about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those do like perfect little peas. Your little one should be very proud.

    Enjoy the antique rose farm. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, your Sweet Pea's gonna become a great gardener in near future! Good luck with the Worldwide Veggies show, Catherine!
    I'll be waiting for the updates on the Rose farm. I see my absence once again, has piled up many posts to catch up with. I'm off scrolling down...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish your Sweet Pea much luck with her entry: looks very creditable to me ;-) Seeing them actually made me want to go and eat something crisp and cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Catherine, your daughter should be so proud about her Snap peas. They look amazing (I see that she gets her green thumb from her mommy).

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is great that Sweet Pea takes such an interest in her garden as she grows you will have more and more gardning to share with each other.
    Hope you had fun at the rose garden.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tell Sweet Pea I enjoyed seeing her garden update, and love her perfect pea photo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave a comment. I try my very best to answer any questions you may have, but usually don't have time to respond to each comment. Please leave a link to your blog so I can visit you in return.