"One of the most delightful things about a garden is the anticipation it brings."

Monday, January 19, 2009

Tagged; a book review.

I've never been tagged before, but was tagged by my sister's blog "i love you more than there are stars in the sky".
The rules were:
  1. Grab the nearest book.  (Don't dig for your favorite)
  2. Open to page 56.
  3.  Find the 5th sentence
  4. Post the next 2 - 5 sentences
  5. Tag 5 others.
As luck would have it the closest book is actually "The Ann Lovejoy Handbook of Northwest Gardening"


Opening to page 56, this is what I found:

"Although natural care techniques take a little longer to produce results, the results are longer lasting than with chemical fixes.  As we improve the health of our gardens, we notice that the plants become better able to fend for themselves.  Building great soil really is like bolstering the immune system of the garden as a whole."


Hey, pretty good input for such a random selection.  I've just started reading this book, so couldn't give a complete review.  I have really gotten a lot out of it so far.  I really do go for her ideas of giving yourself less garden chore type work and more enjoyment out of your garden.  As with most garden books, I tend to pick them up here and there or search the index for interesting sounding topics.  I must say that as much information that you can get off the internet, there's something to be said for lounging on the couch with a good garden book full of interesting information and nice pictures like this book has.
If you want to join in consider yourself tagged.  
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I got that book for Xmas!!! I haven't got to page 56 yet, though... This was the meme that I flubbed on my first tag from Susan at The Bicycle Garden, which I mentioned in my post today. So technically I've already been tagged. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha! How true! Glad you got that book. Thank you. I love the pathway in that photo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave a comment. I try my very best to answer any questions you may have, but usually don't have time to respond to each comment. Please leave a link to your blog so I can visit you in return.