"One of the most delightful things about a garden is the anticipation it brings."

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A discovery and a memory.

The sun actually came out for a bit today, so my littlest gardener and I did a little cleanup.  While she was collecting rocks I cut back a few mushy perennials.  While doing so I came across this.

It may not look like much to most, but I remembered right away when I found it.  This is the fairy house my daughter built under the cedar tree and beneath a sword fern two years ago.  She was 8 then and just sure we had fairies in our yard.  So, she built them this little stone house.  Many summer mornings while school was out she would look for signs of the fairies.  She would occasionally be sure they had been out lounging on a lily pad and watching the fish.  I plan to leave that fairy house there.  My littlest gardener may also begin to look for fairies as well.  Maybe they'll even use the little garden tools we've left out for them!

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. How sweet! :) You're lucky to have a gardener who cares for fairies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi GP, if you believe there are garden fairies, they will be there! We have some too, and I need to get them some little tools, those are too cute. We only built them a gazebo and bench, the bench has fallen apart but the gazebo still stands. I admire you staying home with your girls, I was a stay at home mom with my four, two girls and two boys too, and never regretted it. They are grown ups now, with kids of their own, all boys so far. I long for little girls to share the garden with, but the grandsons were into building things for the fairies too, a little bed of pinestraw, and he is ten, so there is magic in all gardens for everyone who wants to see it there.
    Frances at Fairegarden

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea! I'm going to have to try something like that next year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave a comment. I try my very best to answer any questions you may have, but usually don't have time to respond to each comment. Please leave a link to your blog so I can visit you in return.