There was lots of measuring done between the sidewalk and from post to post so that it will be evenly spaced. Good thing my husband was in charge of that part because I get too excited to get everything done and forget about spacing.
Just setting the posts in the holes was exciting to have an idea of how it would look.
Here are those same posts set in concrete. At this point we did lots of leveling to be sure the posts were in straight.
We'll be putting two more posts in on the walkway to the house. They will be installed with special brackets and screws that go right through the concrete.
The two tall posts will become an arbor and a gate. Our yard slopes downhill to the left as you're looking at the house which made getting things even a little tricky.
The fun part of hanging the picket panels and getting the soil in the beds and around the fence will hopefully happen next weekend if the weather cooperates.The Great Backyard Bird Count finished today, but we really didn't have a day to spend much time counting which is too bad since there were a lot of birds out today. I didn't get a chance to take any pictures either. We only had about 15 minutes each day to really count which is the minimum time, but we'll still turn our results in. There weren't any unusual birds for our area and as I predicted we saw lots of American Robins. I'll try to put our count up sometime this week.