- First of course the sound of my kids laughing and singing as they play in the yard is my favorite. My oldest daughter used to stand on an old sandbox and sing at the top of her lungs. My little one is constantly pointing out her new discoveries.
- The sounds of lawn mowers off in the distance. Just knowing someone else is out making their yard look nice makes me happy.
- The sounds of faraway trains. There are train tracks not too far from here, and sometimes you can hear their horns. I just love how it carries.
- The birds. The hummingbirds chirping impatiently for me to move away from their feeder, or the birds rustling in the bushes looking for a snack.
- The sounds of bees buzzing in my ears. The bees never bother me, I know they're there to help.
- The sounds of neighbors visiting as they walk through the neighborhood. We have a friendly street where people stop to chat and compliment all the hard work each other has been doing.
- The sound of dump trucks backing in someone's driveway with a fresh load of compost. I'm hoping that will be a sound I hear in my own driveway this spring!
- The sound of the waterfall in our pond. It's just so refreshing especially on a warm day.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Soundtrack of the garden.
Earlier this week we had some sun and it was great. While I was out doing a little cleanup I heard some of those familiar sounds I have been missing. I am a music lover and when I get any chance to turn some up I do, especially in the car when I'm alone. But when I'm outside I'd rather listen to a different kind of music. The kind that makes me happy to be outside in my garden.